27 November, 2021
What Is All The Fuss About Promotional Jute Bags
Jute bags were rarely seen in the Australian market, but since the push has been to remove plastic bags from shopping centres, reusable shopping bags have become a big thing, and one of the more popular styles that keeps gaining traction are promotional jute bags. There are many reasons why that is, and we hope to cover the major ones in this blog.
- Environmental Qualities: The material for jute bags comes from a vegetable mainly grown in Asia and predominantly India and Bangladesh. It is aptly named Jute, and it is the stem and outer skin from the white Jute that is used. It is a very labour-intensive process as the fibres are extracted by retting, whereby bundles of Jute stems are put together and then immersed in running water. The non-fibrous matter is then scraped off and the workers dig and take the fibres from within the jute stem. This means it is a natural product that is 100% biodegradable and recyclable. The plant is mainly rain fed and does not need fertiliser or pesticides, which greatly increases its eco-friendly attributes.
- Strength: When it comes to bags, nothing is stronger than Jute. You can load them up with whatever you want, but the tough and durable material can withstand almost anything you put in it. This makes them ideal as shopping bags as they will carry the grocery weight with ease and will not fall apart. Their durability means they will last years, which also makes them very appealing over other styles of bags that fall apart within the year.
- High Perceived Value: Promotional jute bags have a very high perceived market value, mainly because of the two points mentioned above, so anyone receiving one of these would think you have spent a great deal of money on them. Prices for Jute bags have actually come down in recent years, mainly because there are more manufacturers and competition, which is great news for the consumer.
- Large Branding Area: Printing onto Jute bags creates a walking billboard for your company. The only things you need to be a little careful about are not to print large solid areas of colour, nor very fine details. One thing about Jute is it is coarse and being that way, some fibres stick up, making it hard to get the ink onto the surface of the bag. There have been some innovative remedies to that such as an outer calico material used on the side as a front pocket, which allows for a better print.
- Juco Bags: These are a recent innovation mainly due to being able to get a better print, plus it combines two materials, allowing for easier sourcing. Juco is made up of Jute and cotton. It gives you the tremendous strength of Jute with the softer feel of cotton, plus it is eco-friendly. It allows for a much cleaner and crisper print to be done, without compromising on the durability of the bag.
As you can see from the above, there are a lot of reasons to like jute bags and why people are now insisting on them. Their eco qualities, strength, durability and higher perceived value, make them the ideal promotional bag, so why not try some for your next promotion. We are sure you won’t be disappointed.
The Promotional Bags Team